Google DADA

Vaijayanta's Search Engine

Custom Search

Friday, May 19, 2006

CHEF / BABURCHI - HOTWINTER

I am a lover of pickles and chutneys. Every day while having my lunch or dinner, I need some or other chutney or pickle. They need to be sour and not sweet. I do not like sweet chutney or pickles. Usually from the markets, I buy them in grams every week to satisfy my taste.

Actually, I do not like the factory made pickles, which are sold in sealed bottles with huge brand names on their side. I am not naming those brands but these pickles loose their taste once their bottle seals are opened. They become much more salty. I hat them like anything.

I really loved the sour pickles that are made by grandmas and aunties in their houses. They are delicious. I also love the pickles, which are sold loose in the markets in fixed weights. You can try them out and the factory made ones and let me which one taste better.

At times when I don’t have these pickles /chutneys at my home stock, then I myself prepare one of the 3 tasty solo-salads that I have mentioned below. One needs to be a lover of chilli salads to try my 3 types of solo salads.

I’m calling them solo-salads for some obvious reasons. Normally salads are made of tomatoes, cucumbers, onions mixed together with lemon juices. They are good in taste but I have noticed that when cucumber comes in contact with onion, the whole preparation becomes bitter in taste.

So I have invented 3 types of solo-salads.

1st Type of Solo Salad. –Tomato-Chilli Sauce.

Requirements:-
1) 1 Tomato
2) 1 Chilli
3) ¼ tablespoon of salt

How to Prepare:-

Take a tomato. Crush it inside a porcelain bowl and make a paste out of it by your hand. Add the ¼ the tablespoon of salt to it. The tomato paste becomes a dense paste. Take the chilli and crush it on the paste by your hand your hand. Mix it well. Your sauce it ready. It is now ready to be served with samosas or junk food. It can also be had with lunch/dinner.

2nd Type of Solo Salad. – Cucumber-Chilli Salad.

Requirements:-
1) 1 Cucumber cut into small scraps.
2) 1 Chilli
3) ¼ tablespoon of salt
4) ½ piece of a Lemon

How to Prepare:-

Take the cucumber. Cut it into fine scraps (the more small pieces the better). Take it into a porcelain bowl. Add ¼ tablespoon salt to it. Add the lemon juice to it. Crush a chilli over it. Mix it thoroughly with you hand. Your salad it ready. It can be had with a boring lunch/dinner.

3rd Type of Solo Salad. – Hot-Onion-Chilli Salad

Requirements:-
1) 1 Onion cut into small pieces.
2) 1 Chilli
3) ¼ tablespoon of salt
4) ½ piece of a Lemon

How to Prepare:-

This preparation is the strongest among all the three. Take the small pieces of onion. Treat it with lemon and crushed chilli and salt like the above two. Mix them well with your hand inside a porcelain bowl. It is then ready to be served with lunch/dinner or meals.

- - -

By now you might have understood why I have called them solo-salads. Yes they are used one at a time. That is why. Don’t mix up the three dishes together. They would taste bitter. You can prepare any one of them or if you prepare two or three of the above, then do so in separate bowls.

Try them out at your home and tell me. They taste great. Once you get addicted to these three, I’m confident that you will not be able to have your meals without them. They are so tasty.

Do try them out and let me know your comments.

1 comment:

HOTWINTER said...

#sukalyan
I think I'll leave my job and start cooking at home, while my wife will be the working lady, earning lots of money.